Saturday, November 9, 2013

November 2013 Menu

I meant to get this out a week ago but time has passed me by with everything I have had going on.  I didn't have much to add to this months menu because I had some double meals from last month and meals I made from last months basket produce.  Plus we have a holiday coming up and I will have leftovers from that!! Right now is my favorite season of them all.  I love all the fall flavors and produce available, especially pumpkins:) I hope you enjoy what we are enjoying at our table!

November Meal Plan

The link above is a word document of this months meal plan.  A lot of the recipes came out of Taste of Home quick cooking cookbooks from 2003 and 2008, a few crockpot websites, and allrecipes.com.  I like to get ideas for side dishes fro All Recipes.  They have 1000s of recipes that people have uploaded.

I will also be show casing some of my turkey and pumpkin recipes this month, since it is that time of year.  There is a running joke in my family because when I think of homemade pumpkin pie I think of a homemade crust and pie filling made with pumpkin puree that I cooked myself.  While it is still good, my family uses the already made pie crusts and canned pumpkin.  I just like to do it the old fashioned way; to me it taste just the tiniest bit better!! I am going to start my pumpkin/turkey recipes showing you the 3 ways to cook a pumpkin to get your own pumpkin puree to use in various recipes...breads, muffins, rolls, pancakes, pies, and even smoothies!!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment