Monday, May 12, 2014

Quick yummy glazed Carrots

I HATE carrots...emphasis on the word hate!! My kids love cooked carrots. So I had to find a recipe that I was willing to eat as a side dish; seeing as I grow carrots, plus we get them in our CSA basket. I am not willing to grate carrots all the time for baking just to get them used up.


So I found this wonderful recipe that I wanted to share. When I make these (and their super easy), it's the first thing gone on everyone's plates!!

Ingredients:


2 large carrots
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp white pepper

Directions:


1. Cut up carrots into sticks. 
2. Put in a pot with about 1" of water (do not completely cover carrots; you are more steaming rather than boiling them). 
3. Bring carrots to a boil, cover, turn to low and simmer for 8 min. 
4. Drain water. Put back on burner and add butter, brown sugar, salt, and white pepper. Allow to cook until butter is melted. Stir and you're done!!


Kids had them with lunch today and they were gone before I knew it!!

Happy cooking!!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment